Suggestions For Affiliate Marketing Success
By: Mario Giordani
There is a lot to learn about Internet
marketing. At times it can seem
overwhelming, especially if you are just
We hear a about people making obscene
amounts of money with Internet marketing.
Most of it is true. Some of it is hype.
I have been marketing online since 1993 and
I'd like to give you 40 simple,
tips that will help you become a top
affiliate and Internet marketer with the
least amount of hassle:
1. Goals -Set your goals and know what you
want to accomplish with your marketing
2. Traffic Set up an efficient mechanism
to generate quality traffic to your site.
3. List Subscribers Develop a list of
loyal, permission-based subscribers to
educate and sell to.
4. Niche Markets Seek markets with little
or no competition to sell to.
5. Promotion Marketing online requires you
to promote to the right people.
6. Knowledge You wouldnt pilot a jet
without training. Learn a new tactic every
7. Plan Of Action Develop a plan so you
have a route towards your Internet success.
8. Consistency - Dont give up too soon. Be
9. Positioning Position yourself as an
expert in one or more areas so people will
trust you and buy from you.
10. Automation Both your marketing process
and your income should be automated.
11. Tools Develop an arsenal of marketing
tools you must use in order to make your
12. Exposure Learn all the tactics to get
high placement on the search engines as well
as your target markets.
13. Repeat Sales Find products that prompt
the users to order more than once.
14. Multiplicity Get other people to
generate cash for you under 2-tier affiliate
15. Patience Give your efforts enough time
to mature and grow.
16. Time Management Organize your tasks so
you dont waste time doing things that don't
17. Avoid "herd" mentality. There is a lot
of promotion nudging you to follow others.
Don't!Think "leadership" not "followship."
You got it in you!
18. Join 2-tier affiliate programs.
19. Join residual-paying programs
20. Avoid hosting your site with shared
21. Do not spam!
22. Discouragement comes from doing the
things! Fine tune your marketing.
23. Learn how to use Adwords and Adsense
to promote your affiliate programs.
24. Do not send people directly to your
25. Always try to get the email address and
name of your visitors to build your opt-in
list. This can be good for them and
definitely good for you.
26. Don't spend a lot of time chit-chatting
online. You're online to make money,
hopefully. Time is money. Don't waste with
with trivial forum flames or debates that
make you zip!
27. If something isn't working, fix it or
dump it. Don't waste time trying trying to
revive a dead horse.
28. If you sell Clickbank products, learn
how to only sell the best ranking or soon to
be hot products. There is an easy way to do
29. Stay away from Internet marketing themes
if you're starting out. This field is
saturated with sellers and not buyers.
30. If possible, develop your own unique
product(s) to sell via affiliate programs.
31. Do not join MLM programs that use Pay
Pal. Your account can get frozen and you can
lose your money.
32. Get a list of the best 93 marketing
forums available and see what's going on but
limit your time to promotions, useful
contribution and activities that make money.
33. Do not be jumping all over the Internet
signing up with this and that everyday. You
will get side-tracked. Make a few things
work first until they are producing cash,
then move on to the next thing.
34. You will need some sort of advertising
budget to promote your programs. Reinvest
the money you make into your online
35. Develop sites with content. Lots of it.
Google will reward you for that.
36. If possible, register your domain names
for 2+ years. It's possible that Google is
looking at this factor for ranking
classifications and to avoid spam sites.
37. Articles rule right now. Make use of
articles on your site.
38. Learn all you can about Adsense and
Yahoo's new adsense-like program.
39. Find "niche" markets to sell to.
40. Don't fall for every cleverly drafted
sales pitch you hear and wild claims of
glory. Most of it is aiming at your wallet.
Most of the people making a lot of money
with affiliate programs and online sales use
some or all of the rules mentioned above.
I hope this article inspires you to take
action today and to make a decision that, by
this time next year, you will be one of
those successful people who are enjoying
financial freedom on the Internet